Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day

You know I love the Skit Guys and had to share this with y'all...

With all kidding aside, I'm so thankful to have the Mom that I have. Saying "thank you" to her seems so small, knowing how much she did for me as a Mother. She is hands down the best Momma but besides that, hands down one of the most loving, giving, and passionate about Jesus people I know. And I'm more than proud to call her my Mom and friend.

As you know this past semester I had the privilege of being around many wonderful Moms from leading a Mom's Bible Study. The last lesson was on Leaving a Heritage based on the following scripture:

Deuteronomy 6:5-9 - "Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your heart. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates."

While preparing for my last lesson, my eyes filled with tears and gratitude. So thankful God gave me an amazing Mom who not only could quote the above scripture, but lived it to its fullest. She loves the LORD with all her heart, soul, and her strength. She is passionately in awe of Him. Momma took those commandments and impressed them upon me because they were already upon her heart EVERYDAY. She talked about the LORD like the scripture said to...when we got up, sat down, walked, and lied back down. Obviously the LORD's goodness was always on her lips.

I'm not one to be at a loss for words, but I'm so thankful beyond words of gratitude for my Momma. Thank you, Mom! Thank you... for seeking Him first because He just flows right out of you! For being my friend, one I can laugh with, cry with, talk scripture with, understanding about everything, believing in me even when I didn't believe in myself, and always pointing me back to God and His Word.

Had to share a few pics of Momma and I...love that we can have so much fun and act goofy together.












































































I love you more than I can express and am truly blessed to be your daughter. You are a true Proverbs 31 woman.

1 comment:

  1. Your mom sounds like an amazing woman of God! God bless her on this special day and always. :)

    ReplyDelete