Monday, February 21, 2011

Studying...

Don't you just love God's Word? I am in constant awe of His greatness and how His Word continues to speak. I spend a lot of time studying and researching the Word (by far the greatest part of my job). I just love this passage and wanted to share it with ya.

Matthew 7:14 "Don't look for shortcuts to God. The market is flooded with surefire, easygoing formulas for a successful life that can be practiced in your spare time. Don't fall for that stuff, even though crowds of people do. The way to life - to God! - is vigorous and requires total attention." MSG

I love this - I think it clearly speaks to this generation. We are constantly wanting a "shortcut" to get whatever we need. Seriously, if you want God, it's not gonna take some of your time but all of your time. It's going to require your TOTAL attention. We make the mistake of only wanting to give ourselves to Him during the convenient times, but when it comes to giving ourselves to Him and sacrificing something that hurts, we back off.

Living for God isn't a part time job...which so many think they are signing up for. It's a full time 24/7 job. It's not an option for life - He is your life.

I love how the scripture even warns you about people falling for the "shortcuts" but don't follow it! It's not always the popular choice, but it's the daily choice to follow Him.

"But seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33 NIV

"Blessed are those who observe His testimonies, who seek Him with all their heart." Psalms 119:2 NASB

I don't know about you, but I want to seek Him and His Kingdom with everything I've got. Let's raise the bar and not take any "shortcuts" to God; let's give Him the best of ourselves everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment