Monday, February 28, 2011

25 Random Facts About Me! Part 1

25 Random Facts About Me!!
Part 1

1. I gave up drinking sodas years ago and haven't had one since. I literally woke up one day and told my man that I wasn't going to drink one again (nothing had been planned - it was totally spur the moment). Now, I do LOVE my tea (hot or cold) and I tend to have my daily intake of water drank by lunch.

2. I'm seriously in LOVE LOVE LOVE with the color PINK. It just flat out makes me happy.

3. My family calls me, Shelly. When my younger cousin was born, she couldn't say my name and my new name was born: Shelly. When my man first met my family he was so confused on who they were talking to when they said Shelly.

4. I LOVE to research and study God's Word. I like getting into the deep roots of the words. It will not surprise my husband to see me at the kitchen table reading and researching for something before he leaves for work and still be in the same spot working on the same thing when he returns.

5. I'm so thankful for my family heritage. The deep roots of my family came to life after my great grandmother and grandparents conducted research for years. I come from such a great legacy of ministry and military. And if you know me - that fits me well.

6. I'm an only child. My mom wasn't suppose to have any children and the doctor told her it would take surgery for her to have a child. My mom said no to the surgery and gave it all to God - years later, she found out she was pregnant. The doctor took many tests because they couldn't believe it. To answer the next thing - No, I wasn't spoiled. The scripture says, "Spare the rod, spoil the child" - and my parents never spared the rod. Praise God!

7. I'm a bargain shopper to the fullest. I don't like to buy anything full price. Basically everything in our home I got at a discounted rate.

8. The Dogs!! I love our dogs. We have 4. Yes, I said 4. Let's break this down...
1. Lizzie - our rescue dog. We were at a friends house in the country and this puppy ran up to us (and of course my man was like - don't touch it, you don't know where it's been) and of course I was instantly in love. I personally didn't plan on keeping the dog; the plan was to find the dog a home and get her off the streets. After exhausting everyone we knew about getting a new dog, Lizzie joined our family. She is now 8 years old and is very set in her ways. She will bark if a leaf hits the ground in the backyard.
2. Sammie - Boston #1. I wanted a Boston Terrier for years....literally. My man would say I would change my tone of voice and light up when I saw one. If we were in the car, I would want to slow down and look at them(even talk to the people if he would let me...which never really happened). THANKFULLY MY MOM HEARS FROM THE LORD! For my birthday one year, after much research Mom found Sammie. There was a catch: she was in Georgia. So guess what we did? That's right... we jumped on a plane and headed to Georgia to pick up my new "baby". She will be celebrating her birthday in April and will be 5.
3 & 4. Sadie and Sophie - Boston's 2 & 3. That's kinda confusing...but you got it. I just recently did a post on them so I won't ramble on too much about them... they are the newest additions to our family. They were both Christmas gifts from my parents and my man this past year. I have always wanted 3 Bostons. No particular reason; just always wanted 3 Boston Terriers.

Needless to say, we will not be getting more dogs ANYTIME soon!! :)

9. There is just something about worship to me. I LOVE so very much to Worship God. I always want to get to church early so we never miss one beat of the worship time. When I worship God, I don't care who is around - it's just me and my Jesus. Don't be surprised if you see me in my car with one hand on the wheel and one hand in the air.... I'm having church in my car. You can say 99% of my music on my iPod is Worship...I really don't care to listen to anything else. Very thankful God has allowed us to experience such an awesome time of entering into His presence here on earth through music. But mostly, I'm so glad I get to spend eternity worshipping my Savior.

10. Since being married, I've become an avid reader. I love books... I read before I was married but just things that I had to read. Now, I will go through a book a week (sometimes sooner - depends) and be reading several books at a time. My man has an insane passion for books and reading....one of the many things I love about him and I'm sure glad he has rubbed some of that off on me.

11. I'm a gamer. I mean this to the fullest extent of the word. In my family, we are all very competitive when it comes to playing games. We start "trash talking" all the way to the game table... in good fun, of course. My Granny was an avid Bridge player and was known to take anyone down who she competed against...therefore, I blame it on the blood. We love cards, dice, board games, and even some video games. My Momma is a Super Mario freak. She is not a night owl until you turn the video game on with Mario, then something comes over her to get to the next level. I have fully embraced the game syndrome in my family and I can easily get addicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment