Thursday, February 24, 2011

epictrek

Don't you just love how God brings such special people into our lives?

My man and I were blessed to have a one-of-a-kind youth pastor growing up. Besides my parents, The Hardaways played a pivotal role in developing us as leaders for God.

They have an insane passion for God that can't be missed or mistaken. My man and I were among a handful of students who were selected to be a part of a teen-leadership group that JimEd and Tonya created called The Josiah Project. They pushed us to do community hours, servant hours by helping in the church (you wouldn't believe some of the stories we have from cleaning our youth building), mission trips, start small groups, lead worship, quiz us in the Word, and continuously memorize a "plethora" of scriptures. They poured God's Word and love into us constantly, and the part that really is the kicker - they lived it (and still do). They full-out lived what they taught which set a high bar for our lives; showing and teaching us what being a true leader is all about.












JimEd and Tonya with their 3 boys.

After being in student ministry for several years, JimEd and Tonya felt God calling them to launch this awesome ministry, epictrek, in 2004.

I don't want to spoil anything because I want you to go check out their website yourself...www.epictrek.com

The website has a ton of great resources and I love reading the articles.

"The mark of a good leader is loyal followers; leadership is nothing without a following."Proverbs 14:28 MSG

I'm so thankful for great leaders like JimEd and Tonya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment