Saturday, February 5, 2011

Siesta Scripture...

I'm so excited to be joining thousands of women memorizing scriptures with Beth Moore. I have been memorizing Scriptures for years on my notecards (thankful for youth leaders and parents who instilled the importance of this at a young age), but this year I joined these ladies. You had the option of getting these cute notecards (which I did) or you of course could just use your own cards at home.




































There is such an importance in storing God's Word in your heart.

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God." Colossians 3:16 NIV

"I have hidden Your word in my heart that I might not sin against You." Psalms 119:11 NIV

"I delight in Your decrees; I will not neglect Your word." Psalms 119:16 NIV

I love the richness those scriptures bring talking about storing God's Word in your heart. One of the best examples of showing the importance of storing God's Word in our hearts is shown so clearly in Matthew 4. Jesus himself was tempted by the devil and He defeated the devil by using the Word of God.

If we don't put God's Word in our hearts, when the devil comes to tempt and test us (and he will), we won't have the Word inside of us and it's not going to come out to help us fight.

If you haven't been taking the time to memorize and make sure God's promises are ingrained in your heart - START. Start now. Post them on your mirror, the dash in your car, on your computer screen... wherever you want so you can see them on a daily basis and have in front of your eyes to remind you of the promises.

Let me end with this - what goes in will come out. When we start putting God's Word in our hearts on a daily basis, then His Word will start coming out of our lives. Trust me - people will notice and it will be obvious you are living for something more.

"But if anyone obeys His Word, God's love is truly made complete in Him. This is how we know we are in Him: Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did." 1 John 2:5-6 NIV

We can't walk like Jesus if we haven't opened the Bible to see how Jesus walked. Let's all get in the Word and start living Him out in EVERYTHING we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment