Thursday, April 7, 2011

Weekend Wrap!

I didn't get the chance to do a weekend wrap last week because my week was spent in bed. Therefore, I will do a little back tracking...

If you are new to the blog. Weekend Wrap's are random things that happen from the weekend before.

Real quick - I didn't get to post about this before, but I don't want to leave it out. During Spring Break weekend...one of my college girls came home and we got to catch up over coffee and cake pops (a.k.a. GLORIOUSNESS). I just love when my girls are home and telling me how God is using them in college. The peer pressure is insane and they are definitely living out His Name in the midst of it all...so proud of each of the girls.


















Week Before:
I so sick and was pumping everything I could get my hands on like you can see below...and yes of course my Emergen-C was pink! :)


















Thankfully, I am feeling better and back to myself. Whatever that feels like. Haha...

My Momma made me so much food that week - so very thankful for all her amazing cooking. It was such a blessing, and my man was even more thankful... 1. Cuz I wasn't cooking and 2. He didn't have to cook.

One of my favorite things she made: HER GLORIOUS HOMEMADE SALSA!


















Being that I was down and didn't leave my bed much - apparently the whole family felt the need to sleep. This is my man sleeping and our dog, Sammie - she is sleeping on his pillow and shoving him off the bed. Hahaha...love it! Oh, and she had the covers on her...you just can't see that in the photo.


















This past weekend:
It was final 4 week. I'm so one of those women who will watch the games and I actually know what's going on...


















Bought our first pineapple of the year this weekend at the store - it was so amazing. We love fruit...it's a staple in our home in the summer time.


















Our front door to our house got repainted. It's now red. I love the color red....it just has so much personality. I texted the photo to a friend of mine when the door was finished (because the red door made me think of her), and she texted me back the double door photo below. She just returned from Paris and took this photo of those Paris doors while she was there because she loved the red doors. I think she wins...haha! :)




































And of course, I don't love anything more than researching and digging into God's Word. You can always count on a hot cup of coffee being near by if I'm studying in the morning. One of my favorite verses right now (and one of my memory verses this year), "Do not merely listen to the Word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says." - James 1:22 NIV

We can easily deceive ourselves when we do not stay in God's Word on a daily basis. He is saying, "Hey look - you can listen all you want, but don't just think that's enough to hear it...you've actually got to apply and walk this out." What a challenge. What a privilage.


Hope you had a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment