Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring Has Sprung

Spring is just so fun. I love being outside in this weather - it actually only lasts for a couple of weeks in Houston before the unbelievable heat comes 'til October. Therefore, I try to eat up all the wonderful weather while I can...

Decided to share some of my favorites about Spring...

1. Planting new flowers is just one of my ultimate favorites, but it's even better seeing the flowers and plants that made it through the winter. (Just a few of my favs from my yard)



















2. Spring cleaning is another way to officially kick off spring in my book. Cleaning out closets, drawers, pantry, bins, and everything and then some...I'm all about the spring cleaning. My man is not one to clean out anything...let alone throw anything away. He is one of those who thinks he can use everything for something later....when he has time.

3. Making hummingbird nectar and waiting for the birds! (I love watching them)











4. Working and eating outside on the patio.

5. Spring Bible Study - I love studying God's Word with the women... that is a whole other post to come.

6. Putting away all the winter clothes and busting out the shorts, tanks, and glorious flip flops!

7. Grilling everything for dinner. My man and I love to grill and there is just something to it when the great weather hits - we just want to throw everything on the grill. Which is awesome clean up for me. (I just love grilled asparagus and corn...yum)












I'm so thankful for this season the Lord has me in right now. It by no means has been an easy season. It's been a season of having great faith, tears, crying out to God, excitement, believing, and trusting Him like never before! He is teaching me more than I ever thought I could go through in one season...which is where you learn to lean on God the most. Lean on His strength, His Word, His Promises. I'm so thankful for that everyday! It's in these seasons that you grow deeper in your walk with the Lord. I'm so thankful for Him allowing me to go through all of this. He loves me enough to push me to the next level with Him. He loves me enough to not leave me where I am.

"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vein." 1 Corinthians 15:58

No comments:

Post a Comment