Friday, March 26, 2010

Slow Fade

People never crumble in a day! Check this out...





This video truly shows that each choice we make every day leads somewhere. God has given us the opportunity to choose. Each decision we make will have a consequence either, bad or good.


I love how the video is talking about a slow fade. It’s never one choice you make that changes everything. It’s choice after choice that changes life. You could think, “Nah, it’s not that big of deal...I am only having one drink, I am only going to that one party, I am going to have one hit, I am only going to cut one time.” Then before you know it, you are staring up out of a massive, tangled net wondering how you got there.


The devil has one job. Just one. We all carry multiple hats in our lives, but the devil only has one purpose. To steal, kill, and destroy your life, like John 10:10 says. He wants you to make that seemingly harmless, but bad choice just this one time. Then the next time it’s just a little bit more. And the slow fade begins. But John 10:10 also states another even more powerful truth: Jesus came so that we may have life and have it to the full.


My entire life, my mother always offered me some advice that has become somewhat of a running joke in our family, but I guarantee I will say the same thing to my children because it is so true. She said, “You have a choice. You can choose the path God has planned for you and you will be blessed and things will go well for you, or you can choose your way and things will not go well for you. Now, which one do you want?”


Such a simple thought. Which do you want? Who do you want to choose? Who do you want to serve? When it comes down to it, that becomes a daily prayer. “Lord, help me choose You in EVERYTHING I do!”


One of the many great leaders in my life challenged me as a teenager with this quote: “Are the things you’re living for worth Christ dying for?” That has moved and shaped me for years and continuous to do so. I want the things I am living for to be worth Christ dying for. I want to be making Him famous everywhere I go and to everyone I come in contact with.


We all have choices we make each day....Which path do you choose?

1 comment:

  1. Great post!!! We tell our boys all the time when they are being disciplined that it was not our choice for this to happen, it was theirs. I can see God telling me the same exact thing all the time. I pray that every single day I choose Him!

    ReplyDelete