Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Olympics!

I am so sad the Olympics are over, but I know those athletes are so glad they can relax and rest. I am what you would call an “Olympiholic”. I just love watching these people perform the particular sport that they have been training for their whole lives.


After watching story after story about the athletes and their dedication to their sport, I realized just how much they sacrificed to compete. They would do their sport even with broken fingers and shin pains...they didn’t care; they were still going to race no matter what. They would fall and be hurdled down a mountain like I’ve never seen and get right back up and race with the same tenacity the next time around. What dedication!


What if as Christians we lived as Olympians? What would happen if we got up and trained everyday... in the Word? What if all we cared about was...God! We would give up all other earthly things for Him. Nothing else would matter except running our race. We wouldn’t care if we had broken fingers or bruised anything...all we’d care about would be running our race! The race God set before us... winning souls, caring about others, and the joy of being in Gods presence.


I want to be an Olympian for God! I am running this race. I am training everyday. I want to give up all other things that don’t matter. Even when I might be bruised or have a few things broken, I am still going to run. I might fall down, but I am going to get up and keep racing, and at the end there will be an award ceremony.


Will you join the race? God never said it would be easy. He never promised it would be perfect. It’s a lot of work; it’s going to take dedication. You are going to have to give up things, but the reward is eternal. Let’s run our race to win!

No comments:

Post a Comment