Monday, March 22, 2010

Being Real

I know it has been a while...so sorry. It’s been a little crazy around here.


A couple of weekends ago my man and I were invited to a concert. If you know my husband you would understand he is a freak about music. Loves it. Breathes it. Studies it. All the years I have known him, which is almost half our lives now, he has been passionate about music. One of the many things I do love about him.


Anyway, when we were invited, of course he was like, “Heck ya, we are going...it’s a concert.” So we went in with no real expectations, just to enjoy the show. I can’t begin to count the number of concerts I have been to with him, whether he was on or off the stage.


The concert was being held at a local church and it was a contemporary Christian artist. Now I am not going to lie. I am not a huge “contemporary Christian artist” fan. I am more on the side of pop/rock, pop, or classics. I range between Toby mac to Michael Buble. I never really listen to the radio because I want to control what’s being played, for music and message. Therefore, Hillsong United, Planetshakers, Toby Mac, Jesus Culture, Hillsong, and Fee are the usual CD’s being played in my car.


But something changed that night. At the concert, my husband and I decided to expand our family. We had the opportunity to sponsor a precious girl in Africa, Celica. She has 3 other siblings and has a single mom. She is absolutely beautiful, and we are so glad to have her as a part of our family.
















































Ok...back to the concert. Haha! I haven’t blogged in a while, can you tell? So the guest artist was the band 33 Miles. I only knew a couple of their songs that were sung at church, so the group was basically new to me.































They were seriously awesome. My hubby and I were totally blown away by their performance. I loved it! They started talking in between songs, and the lead singer shared their hearts and gave us a glimpse of who they really are. I was in awe....they weren’t just saying they are the “real”, they were actually being “real”. If you ever get a chance to see them live, I recommend it. Great guys, great music, and awesome hearts that are making Jesus famous.


I loved seeing people challenged to make God famous through themselves and live out being “real” instead of just telling people we are “real”. I strongly believe that the world should just be able to see that there is something different in us Christians. THERE IS....IT’S GOD! Nothing else. JUST GOD. We shouldn’t have to say we are “real” or “legit”.


We should just be real and live it out everyday, wherever we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment