Monday, February 22, 2010

Valentine's Day

I know most people call it a "Hallmark Holiday", but I just love love love Valentine's Day. It is just one of those fun random holidays you can celebrate love.

This year I started decorating more for each season. I had so much fun doing something for Valentine's Day! I remember as a child going to my Grandparents' house and my Grandmother always decorated for each season. Before you could even get in the house there was some type of wreath or decor hanging on her door. Then inside from her centerpieces even to her matching seasonal dishes...it was fantastic! She was amazing...that's a whole nother blog!



















It's a tradition in the Oneacre House to make chocolate dipped strawberries each year for
Valentine's Day. Last year I made so many I ended up having to give some to my sweet neighbor friend. So in addition to making my chocolate dipped strawberries I also made some red velvet cupcakes filled with cream and iced with a chocolate ganache.


















For all you cupcake lovers out there...I don't even know how I would transport my cupcakes without this amazing cupcake carrier. It can carry 36 cupcakes perfectly. If you are a true cupcake lover like me then I suggest investing in one. I got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond. I literally take my cupcakes right out of the oven and put them straight into the carrier and seal them. It seals in all the moister and heat. Therefore, making some very yummy
cupcakes!












This year for Valentine's I made cards with 120 reasons why I love my husband and posted them all over the house for him to wake up too....he was shocked! I originally started by thinking I was only going to do like 30 or so, but the reasons just kept coming, and to be honest if I wouldn't have ran out of paper there would be many more. I loved watching him walk around and read each of them...some made him laugh, cry, or just look at me in awe. He is simply amazing!


















He didn't do too bad himself. He got me tickets to go see Michael Buble in July. Now if you know me...you know this just isn't any gift. This is like one of the best gifts. I just love love love Michael Buble and his music. But just when you didn't think it could get any better my artistic husband wrote me a Valentine Poem. My man is artistic in every form...he writes poems, writes books, writes music, plays tons of musical instruments and very well...this list could just keep going on and on, but you get the idea. Anyway, I wanted to share with you his poem he wrote me.



















As we wrapped up Valentine's Day, I couldn't help but reflect on the One who shows true love day in and day out. God's love. His unconditional love... so undeserving. The love He has for each of us is amazing. Once a year we stop and celebrate love to someone special in our lives, but everyday is "Love Day" with God, and everyday we should demonstrate God's love to people. The scripture talks about Christians should be known by our love for others. The lost should just know there is something different about us because of our unconditional love for people... for who they are and where they are in life. There may be someone in your life right now who just needs to be loved. Maybe it's your neighbor, friend, sibling, or maybe just the cashier at the grocery store. I don't think any other passage in the Bible talks about love greater than 1 Corinthians 13. People have heard this passage over and over again, but to stop and truly listen to what God is saying here is awesome. Love never fails. Thank goodness His love never fails us. If you get a chance, stop and read 1 Corinthians 13 this week... ask God, who in your life needs to be shown God's love through you this week.

1 comment:

  1. I can't see what the poem says. . .type it out!

    ReplyDelete