Tuesday, August 16, 2011

About the summer...from Julia

Earlier this summer I introduced PiNK's Interns to y'all. I asked both of them to write to you again before the summer was over.

Julia is going to share with you today!













The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. They speak without a sound or work; their voice is never heard. Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world..
Psalm 19:1-4


As I sit here and write this thing, I can’t help but be in awe. I’m truly in awe of God and the wonderful works He does. His beauty is displayed all around us, but how often do we even take a look? All of creation shouts out His name without even saying a word. How often do we stop to watch or listen for that faint whisper of the greatness of God? Because all it takes is a whisper to bring us to our knees. Or how often do we wake up just to watch the sunrise that God created especially for us, to bring life to the world for a brand new day? Oh, the mercy that is shown with each sunrise!

Recently, my heart has been set in the book of Psalms. Reading and feeling along with the cries of each person who wrote these songs and poems thousands of years ago, but seeing the unchanging character of God reflected back through each passing year has changed my heart. What a faithful God. Through all of my sin, He rebukes. Through all of my hurt, He heals. Through all of my rebellion, He takes me back. This brings me to 2 Timothy 2:13 which says, “If we are unfaithful, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny who he is.” How powerful. Through all things God is faithful. The sun rises because He is faithful. People live because He is faithful to keep His promises. What a wonderful God.

This reminds me of how unfaithful I can be when I let worry take over my heart and my life. Worrying is not something God advises us to do. In fact, he advises against it and encourages us to place our burdens on Him in Psalm 55:22 and in Matthew 11:28-30. Jesus offers us rest in Him. When worry takes over, I often become very selfish because all I can focus on is what I need to do, rather than fixing my eyes on God and asking what He wants me to do. Psalm 18:30-32 is a beautiful example of how faithful the Lord is. It says, “God’s way is perfect. All the Lord’s promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection. For who is God except the Lord? Who but our God is a solid rock? God arms me with strength, and he makes my way perfect.” Because God loves us, He makes our way perfect and He gives us the strength to go along our own perfect path.

As the summer comes to a close, I can’t help but reflect in awe of the things God does when we trust in Him. I am so blessed to be a part of PiNK Ministries, to have this beautiful opportunity to be a servant to God, and to serve the beautiful girls He brought through Bible Study this summer. I am so thankful and stand in awe of the Lord and who He is! He is always faithful. I can only look back on this summer with my heart full of love and joy for the greatness of our God and for the great, life changing things He's done in each one of us!

With love,
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment