Sunday, June 24, 2012

From the pen of Miss Kaci Millay

Oh my goodness! PiNK’s first ROOTED Bible Study flew by! Rachelle, Julia, and I have been praying and anticipating Bible Study since the end of Christmas break and it was here before we knew it! I was so excited for all the behind the scenes work come to life and see all of the girls again! The time between Christmas and summer is too long to not see the girls! 
Rachelle seriously brought the message on Tuesday. The Spirit completely convicted not only my heart, but the girls’ hearts as well as to examining where our roots are embedded.
As I was sitting among the girls listening to Rachelle deliver an awesome message, I couldn’t help but look around and smile. During her message, Rachelle had us reflect back when PiNK was first beginning and only 12 of us girls would sit in her living room and just stay there for hours. As I personally reflected back I remember thinking how close us 12 girls were and the connection that we had. Then I looked around the room Tuesday and although much bigger, PiNK has maintained that family feel. When the girls walked in Tuesday night for the first time, it felt like a family reunion with so many hugs and laughter! Hearing the many voices of the girls worship to an acoustic guitar is unlike anything I have heard before. It’s like a sweet symphony glorifying our Heavenly Father. Girls from all ages come together to worship God and to get fed and that my friends, it true beauty. I cannot believe God has blessed me to be a staff member at PiNK this season. I have been so grateful for this opportunity to see PiNK grow and mature, endure hardships, and rejoice in the pure joy of God’s miracles with some incredible women. Tuesday night started the summer out in complete full swing. God came in a mighty way and will continue to come and move in the lives and hearts of all these girls.
So I will leave you with this: Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 says “Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. 10 If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.” Everything about PiNK Ministries centers around building and maintaining Godly relationships with one another. I am solely convinced that God did not intend for us to live life alone. PiNK is a beautiful and wonderful example of this verse. I am so excited for what God has in store this summer!

-Kaci 



No comments:

Post a Comment